Saturday, February 27, 2010

This one's finished!

This is my shawl I've just finished in the last few days.  It's made with Cherry Tree Hill Alpine Baby, a mohair, silk and nylon sport weight yarn.  It's such loopy stuff that it's almost like trying to crochet with velcro.  It's almost impossible to unravel.  It took me a while to find a pattern that I thought would work with this yarn.  I finally settled on the Country Cotton Shawl from Lion Brand.  I tried several sizes of crochet hooks before determining that a size I would handle this loopy stuff.

So here is the finished product.  My skein of yarn has about 1000 yard in it and I used nearly all of it.  Even though I hated crocheting with the yarn, I really do like the finished product.  The color path runs from greys to blues to a speck of white here and there.  This shawl weighs less than 8 ounces - isn't that amazing  for the size.  It's warm and light weight.  I'm thinking of adding a button or two to the front so that I can keep in closed a bit easier.

No comments: