Saturday, November 22, 2008

November Virtual Sketch


It's not exactly a sketch.... more of a manipulation. But I've been fighting bronchitis for most of the month and this is about the best I can do right now.

This was done in Photoshop Elements. It's been cropped, light and darks have been pushed, and then the charcoal and chalk filter has been applied.

It turned out abstract looking. I might have to try a print on velata paper. Velata would preserve the "charcoal" fuzzy look of things.

I'm an amateur photographer too, but then I think most artists will work with whatever media is in front of them - pencils, paints or pixels.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Cool manipulation. It has an abstract feel but is still recognizable. Although maybe only because I am familiar with the reference. I like that you pushed the lights and darks. That's what first caught my eye with the reference and you made the best of them.

christine said...

Great pixel version! I love the high contrast between darks and lights. BTW, what is Velata paper? Can you use it in a printer?

virtualsketchdate said...

Oooh, I like this. It has great impact all those contrasts.

Paulette said...

Wonderful, I love the high contrast and the crop.
I am sorry to hear you have been sick. I hope you feel better soon!

Kim said...

This is really striking. I think it would be fun to do a manipulation like this, and then paint it, matching the values but changing the original colors. I guess I'm going to have to learn Photoshop or the equivalent.

I fought an upper respiratory illness this past month, too, so I feel for you. Hope you're all better now.
~ Kim